Manchester woman pleads not guilty to endangering infant daughter
Crystal Carter, 23, of 284 Spruce St., is accused of leaving the child alone a second time with Brian Reeves, 33, whose bail conditions on the second-degree assault charge bar him from contact with the child.
Carter had been released on personal recognizance bail after her arrest on the endangering charge, which alleges she left the then three-month-old with Reeves Jan. 18, 2013. Carter failed to appear for her scheduled arraignment March 15, so a warrant was issued for her arrest and police prosecutors Monday sought a cash/surety bail.
Judge William Lyons set bail at $1,000 cash/surety and trial was set for May 30.
Judge rejects bail plea
Matthew Sapienza, 44, of 285 E. High St., pleaded innocent Monday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to charges of stalking, violation of a domestic violence protective order and resisting arrest and trial was set for June 17.
Sapienza is accused of being in his apartment Thursday with the woman who took out the order.
A police prosecutor sought $5,000 cash/surety bail for Sapienza, noting he has previous convictions, including assault, involving the same woman and is out on bail on a New Hampshire State Police charge. The resisting arrest charge alleges officers had to use pepper stray to subdue Sapienza.
Sapienza and the alleged victim have been convicted of assaulting one another and Sapienza said Monday the fact she was in his apartment should be an indication she's not afraid of him. He told Judge William Lyons that the woman's protective order was vacated last summer, but Lyons told Sapienza that the bail conditions he had imposed a week ago on the state police charge were still in effect.
Then Sapienza asked for personal recognizance bail, saying: "I live alone . I have two animals that need me." Lyons responded that Sapienza made the same argument a week ago, but after being given personal recognizance bail, he was back in court a week later on a new charge. Lyons set bail at the $5,000 cash/surety requested by the prosecutors, with conditions barring contact with the alleged victim and barring Sapienza from her residence.
Victim was his friend
A man accused of stealing a game console and selling at a pawn shop for $100 pleaded innocent Monday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to misdemeanor charges of theft by deception and receiving stolen property.
A police prosecutor sought $1,000 cash/surety bail for Aaron St. Cyr, 29, of 219 Fieldcrest Road, saying St. Cyr took the console from a friend.
St. Cyr asked Judge William Lyons for personal recognizance bail, saying he will soon complete serving time for an aggravated Driving While Intoxicated charge and he has been accepted into a 90-day residential alcohol/drug rehabilitation program. "It took me months to get in," said St. Cyr.
Lyons set bail at $500 cash/surety and $500 personal recognizance, with conditions barring St. Cyr from contact with his friend and barring him from the pawn shop. Trial was set for June 4.
Accused of assaulting 2 women
John J. Rundlett, 49, of 263 Auburn St., pleaded innocent Monday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to two charges of simple assault that allege he assaulted his ex-girlfriend and another woman, shoving one with his hands on her chest and grabbing the other around the neck.
He also pleaded innocent to kicking open a door, breaking two locks.
But Rundlett could enter no plea to a felony charge of Identity Fraud that alleges he posed as his ex-girlfriend at ATMs and stole $2,500 from the woman's account between Feb. 27 and March 14.
A police prosecutor, who said Rundlett has pending theft and willful concealment charges, sought $10,000 cash/surety bail, with conditions barring contact with both women.
Rundlett sought personal recognizance bail, telling Judge William Lyons: "I've got some medical issues."
Lyons said Rundlett was out on bail when he allegedly committed new crimes and set bail at $10,000 cash/surety. A probable cause hearing on the felony fraud charge was set for May 5 and trial on the misdemeanors was set for June 4.
When Obed Perez was arraigned Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on two simple assault charges and one of criminal mischief involving his girlfriend, he told Judge William Lyons the two are students at West High School, sharing several classes.
Perez asked if there could be an exception to the bail conditions barring him from being within 100 yards of the victim.
The prosecutor agreed, but Lyons warned Perez that if he spoke to the alleged victim or initiated any kind of contact in school, that would be a violation of bail.
Perez was back in Circuit Court Monday, charged with stalking for allegedly having contact with the girl later Friday, calling and texting her.
Police prosecutors filed a motion to revoke his bail for violating bail conditions and he was ordered held pending the results of a hearing Tuesday morning.
Trial on the stalking charge will be June 3, the same day as the assault and mischief charges.