Home » News » Public Safety
Fatal Amherst crash took lives of men from Wilton and Milford
Amherst police said that at about 4:30 a.m. Saturday, a 1999 Mercury Marquis attempted to make a left turn across oncoming traffic from Schoolhouse Road onto Route 101 east.
The car was hit by an oncoming 2002 Freightliner cab and trailer.
The driver of the car, Keith Bernasconi, 28, of Milford and passenger Robert Carson, 37, of Wilton were killed.
Both Bernasconi and Carlson were pronounced dead at the scene of the crash.
The driver of the truck, Peter Berube, 59, of Brookline, was not hurt.
New Hampshire State Police are continuing an investigation. The road was closed early Saturday morning as members of the technical accident reconstruction team used surveying equipment to map the scene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 0
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 0
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- John Stossel: Incumbents almost always win - 0
School's out for voters
Trump fired up over NH mailer