Home » News » Public Safety
Fatal Amherst crash took lives of men from Wilton and Milford
Amherst police said that at about 4:30 a.m. Saturday, a 1999 Mercury Marquis attempted to make a left turn across oncoming traffic from Schoolhouse Road onto Route 101 east.
The car was hit by an oncoming 2002 Freightliner cab and trailer.
The driver of the car, Keith Bernasconi, 28, of Milford and passenger Robert Carson, 37, of Wilton were killed.
Both Bernasconi and Carlson were pronounced dead at the scene of the crash.
The driver of the truck, Peter Berube, 59, of Brookline, was not hurt.
New Hampshire State Police are continuing an investigation. The road was closed early Saturday morning as members of the technical accident reconstruction team used surveying equipment to map the scene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Berlin looking to acquire BearCat armored vehicle - 0
- Former Milwaukee officer won't be charged in fatal shooting of black man - 1
- Utility truck overturns as vehicles dodge ladder on Route 101 in Exeter - 1
- Two Lee police officers honored at dinner - 1
- All safe following early-morning Manchester blaze on West Side - 6
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 4
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested on pot charge after Hooksett traffic stop - 0
- College Roundup: UNH women prevail on Anderson's bomb - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: McKenzie leads Memorial past Central - 0
- CDC director cites progress, challenges in Ebola fight - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- NH firm says N. Korea's online presence back, though stability a question - 3
- Exeter High student arraigned in armed robbery case - 0
- Chichester residents fear convicted child killer's possible return - 0
- Medicare payments will be cut to 3 NH hospitals - 0