Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Fugitive turns self in; child rape alleged
An arrest warrant was issued Feb. 7 for Anthony W. Hannon, 44, who turned himself into Nashua police last week after being featured as the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force's Fugitive of the Week. He was arraigned via video in the 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
Hannon is charged with sexually assaulting a child under age 13 on Jan. 15 and 16. He is also charged with sexual assault by inappropriate touching of the same victim around April 7 and April 13 of 2012.
"I am not guilty of any of this," Hannon said.
Hannon's older sister, Carleen Pineau of Nashua, asked that Hannon be released to her home, and she promised he would attend all court hearings.
"He has a very big family," Pineau said. "We do care. We do know of his innocence."
Hannon's son also spoke on his behalf. The victim's family was not present.
Judge Thomas Bamberger was concerned that Hannon had failed to show in court on two separate occasions in 2011 for unrelated charges. He kept bail at $30,000 as requested by the state and ordered that Hannon not contact the alleged victim or the family and cannot have unsupervised contact with anyone under 17 years old.
A probable cause hearing is May 8.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 3
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424