Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Concord man arrested for assault after tickling children playing in park
CONCORD - A local man is under arrest, accused of pulling up the shirts of three young children playing in a park last week and tickling them.
David Johnson, 35, of Perley St., allegedly tickled one of the children in front of a woman who went to the park after her 9-year-old daughter returned home from the playground and told her about the incident. The little girl was "very upset," police said, and the mother immediately went to the park, near Perley and South streets.
She saw Johnson sitting in the park, yelled at him to leave the playground and to get away from her children. Johnson stood up, walked behind another child, identified as a 5-year-old boy, and tickled him in front of the woman, police said. The woman, who was not identified in a news release, went up to Johnson and continued yelling at him until he finally left the park.
Police said Johnson tickled three children in all, ages 3, 5 and 7. He allegedly lifted up the children's shirts and ticked them on their bare stomachs. None of the children is related to him.
Johnson turned himself into police after investigators obtained a warrant for his arrest.
What's next: He is free on $15,000 personal recognizance bail pending arraignment on three charges of simple assault, class A misdemeanors, May 20 in 6th Circuit Court, Concord District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 5
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 2
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 12
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917