Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Concord man arrested for assault after tickling children playing in park
CONCORD - A local man is under arrest, accused of pulling up the shirts of three young children playing in a park last week and tickling them.
David Johnson, 35, of Perley St., allegedly tickled one of the children in front of a woman who went to the park after her 9-year-old daughter returned home from the playground and told her about the incident. The little girl was "very upset," police said, and the mother immediately went to the park, near Perley and South streets.
She saw Johnson sitting in the park, yelled at him to leave the playground and to get away from her children. Johnson stood up, walked behind another child, identified as a 5-year-old boy, and tickled him in front of the woman, police said. The woman, who was not identified in a news release, went up to Johnson and continued yelling at him until he finally left the park.
Police said Johnson tickled three children in all, ages 3, 5 and 7. He allegedly lifted up the children's shirts and ticked them on their bare stomachs. None of the children is related to him.
Johnson turned himself into police after investigators obtained a warrant for his arrest.
What's next: He is free on $15,000 personal recognizance bail pending arraignment on three charges of simple assault, class A misdemeanors, May 20 in 6th Circuit Court, Concord District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 29
- Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole - 0
- Grantham man makes plea deal in wife's killing - 4
- Keene cold-case murder trial starts - 0
- Newmarket man charged with impersonating police officer on Seacoast - 1
- Londonderry man challenges search in child porn case - 0
- Accused Goffstown embezzler freed on reduced bail - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424