Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Concord man arrested for assault after tickling children playing in park
CONCORD - A local man is under arrest, accused of pulling up the shirts of three young children playing in a park last week and tickling them.
David Johnson, 35, of Perley St., allegedly tickled one of the children in front of a woman who went to the park after her 9-year-old daughter returned home from the playground and told her about the incident. The little girl was "very upset," police said, and the mother immediately went to the park, near Perley and South streets.
She saw Johnson sitting in the park, yelled at him to leave the playground and to get away from her children. Johnson stood up, walked behind another child, identified as a 5-year-old boy, and tickled him in front of the woman, police said. The woman, who was not identified in a news release, went up to Johnson and continued yelling at him until he finally left the park.
Police said Johnson tickled three children in all, ages 3, 5 and 7. He allegedly lifted up the children's shirts and ticked them on their bare stomachs. None of the children is related to him.
Johnson turned himself into police after investigators obtained a warrant for his arrest.
What's next: He is free on $15,000 personal recognizance bail pending arraignment on three charges of simple assault, class A misdemeanors, May 20 in 6th Circuit Court, Concord District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man faces charge of simple assault against son’s mother - 0
- Weare police sergeant's firing rescinded - 1
- Bad drug label good for Rockingham - 0
- Nashua man charged in theft of sunglasses at Merrimack outlet - 0
- Nashua driver: No to plea deal in death of homeless man - 0
- Couple arrested in violent beating, kidnapping of woman - 3
- UPDATED: Bail set at $20,000 for Holiday Inn Express robbery suspect - 1
- Nashua man facing numerous assault charges in attack on woman - 0
- Salem police target ski-jacket thief who used tree branch to hide license plate - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Body of woman found under Claremont bridge - 0
- Woman sentenced to a year in jail for crash - 0
- New tech course open to students in Londonderry - 0
- Developer granted permit for wind tower in Alexandria - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer: Bedford, Concord deadlock - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer: Central shows title mettle - 0
- Dave D'onofrio Patriots Notebook: Don't expect Patriots to fix this - 0
- They're all about that bass fishing - 0
- Chamber guests told NH in urgent need of skilled workers - 1
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser
State surplus isn't big enough
Weare police sergeant's firing rescinded
Planned Parenthood endorses Hassan
By the horn: Feds owe NH man an explanation
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917