Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Concord man arrested for assault after tickling children playing in park
CONCORD - A local man is under arrest, accused of pulling up the shirts of three young children playing in a park last week and tickling them.
David Johnson, 35, of Perley St., allegedly tickled one of the children in front of a woman who went to the park after her 9-year-old daughter returned home from the playground and told her about the incident. The little girl was "very upset," police said, and the mother immediately went to the park, near Perley and South streets.
She saw Johnson sitting in the park, yelled at him to leave the playground and to get away from her children. Johnson stood up, walked behind another child, identified as a 5-year-old boy, and tickled him in front of the woman, police said. The woman, who was not identified in a news release, went up to Johnson and continued yelling at him until he finally left the park.
Police said Johnson tickled three children in all, ages 3, 5 and 7. He allegedly lifted up the children's shirts and ticked them on their bare stomachs. None of the children is related to him.
Johnson turned himself into police after investigators obtained a warrant for his arrest.
What's next: He is free on $15,000 personal recognizance bail pending arraignment on three charges of simple assault, class A misdemeanors, May 20 in 6th Circuit Court, Concord District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police investigating after man stabbed in neck - 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 5
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Osgood Road closed in Milford, 33% without power - 0
- PSNH says storm ranks as 4th largest for peak outage - 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 0
- More than 200,000 New Hampshire customers without power - 1
- Thanksgiving travel a nightmare as storm dumps heavy, wet snow - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats put selves in strong position - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483