Pinkerton Academy continues search for new headmaster
Anderson, who has been with the school for nearly 40 years and has been the headmaster since 2003, will retire at the end of the 2013-14 school year.
"The headmaster opportunity is being advertised in general media and professional educational media with New England and national distribution, ranging from state and national superintendents and principals associations, The National Association of Independent Schools, HigherEdJobs, and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges," said Pinkerton Academy's public relations director, Chip Underhill.
The position profile is also posted on the school's website.
"The profile was created after collaboration by the community, including the superintendents of our partner school districts and residents of each sending town, along with Pinkerton faculty and staff," said Underhill.
It was initially the goal of the headmaster search committee to have a candidate hired by the end of the school year, but if no candidate is selected, the search will continue through the beginning of the 2013-14 school year.
The required qualifications for the position include a minimum of a master's degree, administrative experience, secondary or post-secondary teaching experience, academic and financial management experience and the proven ability to recruit, hire, manage and retain quality personnel.
Some of the preferred qualifications for the position include a doctorate or Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study in education or a related field, experience working with state and regional accreditation agencies, demonstrated ability to develop a vision of learning supported by students and the proven ability to be visible, active, and engaging in academic programs and campus activities.
In addition, the position profile also includes a long list of desirable characteristics and qualities composed of everything from leadership skills, budgeting and finance skills, and personal characteristics such as being approachable, diplomatic, empathetic, self-confident, compassionate, respectful of others and having a sense of humor.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 18
- Surprise, surprise: Obamacare funds abortions - 60
- Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over - 8
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 5
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Hassan was right: 'Bullying' bill goes too far - 12
- Strategery: A war by any other name - 28
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change