Home » News » Public Safety
Laconia barn blaze causes estimated $1M in damage
Laconia Fire Capt. Kirk Beattie said his department responded to a report of a fire in a barn at 749 White Oaks Rd. at 1:23 p.m.
Fire crews found heavy smoke conditions and flames upon arrival, and struck a second alarm.
"There were two nearby structures that we were worried were also going to go up," said Beattie.
The additional structures were a residence and a second barn.
After about three hours on scene, fire crews were able to contain the blaze to the barn they believe it started in, which contained several pieces of landscaping machinery.
Beattie said the barn and the machinery inside were a total loss, and early estimates put the value at $1 million.
Beattie said two fire fighters suffered minor injuries, one a hand injury and another minor burns to his face, and both were treated at the scene.
Fire crews from Gilford, Belmont, Tilton, Franklin, Meredith and Holderness assisted at the scene.
Beattie said the cause of the fire is under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Truck pulls down power line, starts paint store blaze - 0
- Abigail Hernandez’ mother: She did not run away - 0
- Weare officer won't face charges in fatal shooting - 5
- State revokes license for New Hampshire childcare center amid abuse allegations - 1
- Downed wires shuts Concord street - 0
- Quick-acting Litchfield woman jumps into canoe and paddles to rescue of kayaker - 1
- Man's story about stab wound questioned by Laconia police - 0
- Two fires in Manchester - 0
- Indictments issued in fatal crashes in Dover, Barrington, Rochester - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett police charge local man in several BB gun complaints - 0
- Fire destroys Weare home - 0
- High winds cause power outages, fan fires across state - 0
- Fugitive nabbed as he checks out the weather - 0
- Bail set for TD Bank robbery suspect in Derry - 1
- Fetal homicide bill stopped in the Senate - 0
- Democrats worry about 'dirty tricks' - 0
- No change in bail for Dover teen facing felony arson charge - 1
- Full text of the attorney general's report regarding Campbell and Pappas - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Michigan’s ban: Sotomayor’s ‘disadvantages’