Home » News » Public Safety
Five children among six hurt in Rochester crash
Rochester firefighters used hydraulic tools to extricate an 8-year-old boy who was seriously injured and airlifted following a three-vehicle accident along Route 125 Saturday. (Courtesy photo) (Courtesy)
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 5:03 p.m. after a southbound 2001 Chevy 1500 pickup, driven by Edward Crowley, 68, of Gonic, struck the driver's side of two vehicles heading northbound along Route 125 – Gonic Road - at the off ramp of exit 12 off the Spaulding Turnpike – Route 16.
After leaving the off ramp, the pickup struck a 2003 Chevy Blazer, driven by Joan Chesser, 27, of Gonic, before hitting a 2005 Chevy Cobalt, driven by Shannon Taber, 38, of Gonic, according to police.
There were four children – ages 8, 7, 5 and 1 – who were passengers in the Blazer.
Firefighters extricated Chesser's 8-year-old nephew, who was flown to Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine. Paramedics transported her three children to Frisbie Memorial Hospital, according to police.
Taber and her 5-year-old son were driven to Frisbie Memorial in another private vehicle.
As a result of the crash, Route 125 was closed between Main Street in Gonic and Brock Street. The southbound off ramp of Route 16 also was closed until around midnight.
Members of the Strafford County Regional Accident Reconstruction Team responded to the scene to assist with the investigation, which remains ongoing.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Officer Turner at (603) 330-7127.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
- Weare residents turn out to express police department concerns - 1
- Tamworth man struck, killed by UPS truck - 0
- Two boys rescued from Hood Pond - 1
- Woman killed in Nashua crash - 0
- Wednesday night Derry blaze under investigation - 0
- Gunfire from police range disturbs Plaistow neighbors - 1
- Cause of Ashland fire investigated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 1
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 1
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 2
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
Plaistow town planner arrested
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH