Home » News » Public Safety
Five children among six hurt in Rochester crash
Rochester firefighters used hydraulic tools to extricate an 8-year-old boy who was seriously injured and airlifted following a three-vehicle accident along Route 125 Saturday. (Courtesy photo) (Courtesy)
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 5:03 p.m. after a southbound 2001 Chevy 1500 pickup, driven by Edward Crowley, 68, of Gonic, struck the driver's side of two vehicles heading northbound along Route 125 – Gonic Road - at the off ramp of exit 12 off the Spaulding Turnpike – Route 16.
After leaving the off ramp, the pickup struck a 2003 Chevy Blazer, driven by Joan Chesser, 27, of Gonic, before hitting a 2005 Chevy Cobalt, driven by Shannon Taber, 38, of Gonic, according to police.
There were four children – ages 8, 7, 5 and 1 – who were passengers in the Blazer.
Firefighters extricated Chesser's 8-year-old nephew, who was flown to Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine. Paramedics transported her three children to Frisbie Memorial Hospital, according to police.
Taber and her 5-year-old son were driven to Frisbie Memorial in another private vehicle.
As a result of the crash, Route 125 was closed between Main Street in Gonic and Brock Street. The southbound off ramp of Route 16 also was closed until around midnight.
Members of the Strafford County Regional Accident Reconstruction Team responded to the scene to assist with the investigation, which remains ongoing.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Officer Turner at (603) 330-7127.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 1
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 7
- Family of slain journalist James Foley calls for more action to save others - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A short history of the spice trade - 0
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m