Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Reading rallies, beats NH Fisher Cats in 12th
New Hampshire took a 1-0 lead in the top of the 12th. The Fisher Cats (11-13) loaded the bases on singles by Kevin Ahrens, Jack Murphy and Amadeo Zazueta. Kevin Pillar singled, scoring Ahrens, but Murphy was thrown out at the plate trying to score.
In the home half of the 12th, Zach Collier singled and Jim Murphy walked for Reading (12-10). After a sacrifice, Cameron Rupp was intentionally walked before Valle walked and Abreu was hit.
Tommy Hottovy (0-1) took the loss for New Hampshire.
Pitchers dominated the series finale. Tyson Brummett started for New Hampshire, allowing two hits over six innings. He did not walk a batter and struck out six. Chorye Spoone added three innings of hitless relief with five strikeouts. Joel Carreno added two perfect innings with three strikeouts.
The Fisher Cats faced one of the top prospects in the Phillies system in southpaw Jesse Biddle. He worked the first six innings, allowing only a single by Murphy in the third. He walked three and struck out 10. Tyler Knigge (1-1) earned the win.
The Fisher Cats return to action today at 7:05 p.m. in Trenton. Righty Ryan Tepera (3-0, 2.42) will open the four-game series against Thunder lefty Matt Tracy (1-2, 13.17).
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan