Bi-partisan group to fund-raise for presidential primary monument
The group will raise funds “to support improvements to, and the endowment of, the primary monument and marker, located on the grounds of the State Library in Concord,” the group said.
“New Hampshire’s presidential primary is one of the most important political events in the entire country,” said Jim Demers, President of Demers & Blaisdell, Inc., who served as New Hampshire Co-Chairman for Obama for America in 2008 and 2012. “The New Hampshire primary monument isn’t just a special tribute to the men and women who have run here for president, it is a recognition of the important role New Hampshire’s citizens play and the serious commitment they make to the electoral process.”
“We may disagree on politics and policy, but we are united in support of our state’s tested and proven First in the Nation presidential primary,” said Jim Merrill, New Hampshire Director of the Bernstein Shur Group, who served as Campaign Manager and Senior Advisor to Mitt Romney’s 2008 and 2012 NH campaigns respectively.
“The monument is a testament to the primary’s enduring vitality and relevance, while recognizing the men and women who have taken part in this unique Granite State rite of passage on the road to the White House.”
Information is available at www.firstinthenationprimary.com.
Other committee members include:
- Ray Buckley, New Hampshire Democratic Party Chair
- Steve Duprey, Republican National Committeeman and former New Hampshire Republican Party Chair; 2008 McCain for President Senior Advisor
- Secretary of State Bill Gardner.
- Jennifer Horn, New Hampshire Republican Party Chair
- Andy Leach, Outreach Coordinator, Senator Kelly Ayotte, and former Executive Director, New Hampshire Republican Party
- Neil Levesque, Executive Director, New Hampshire Institute of Politics at St. Anselm College
- Van McLeod, Commissioner, Department of Cultural Resources
- Tom Rath, former Republican National Committeeman and 2008 and 2012 Romney for President NH Senior Advisor
- Amb. Terry Shumaker, 1992 and 1996 Co-Chair Clinton for President and former Democratic National Committeeman
- Kathy Sullivan, Democratic National Committeewoman and former New Hampshire Democratic Party Chair
- Mike Vlacich, State Director, Senator Jeanne Shaheen and former Deputy Chief of Staff, Gov. John Lynch
- Michael York, New Hampshire State Librarian
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'