Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Portsmouth bar charged in connection with patron's death
Rockingham County Attorney Jim Reams and Portsmouth Police Chief Stephen DuBois held a press conference Tuesday to announce the charges.
The one felony complaint alleges that the bar's owners, New Adventure Entertainment LLC, doing business as The Page Bar and Restaurant, negligently allowed beverages to be consumed in an area not approved by the Liquor Commission, namely the dance floor of the Stadium Lounge.
The charge against the bar carries a $100,000 fine but no jail time, as it is against a corporation, not an individual.
Reams said had the bar been following the rules of their liquor license, the assault that resulted in the death of Joshua Krantz, 24, may never have happened.
Police allege that Zachary O'Neill, 24, attacked Krantz from behind on the dance floor around 12:30 a.m. on April 6 and struck him repeatedly in the head. O'Neil alleged that Krantz spilled a drink on him earlier in the night while on the dance floor.
Later that morning, Krantz was found dead in his Dover apartment by his roommates.
O'Neill is facing a felony degree assault charge at this time, because the state medical examiner has not yet ruled Krantz's manner of death as a homicide.
The investigation to date has revealed that Krantz's death was caused by a fractured skull that resulted in bleeding of the brain.
On Tuesday, DuBois said the medical examiner's final report is still pending.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 31
- Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole - 0
- Grantham man makes plea deal in wife's killing - 4
- Keene cold-case murder trial starts - 0
- Newmarket man charged with impersonating police officer on Seacoast - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Hooksett officer struck by motorist
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424