Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Portsmouth bar charged in connection with patron's death
Rockingham County Attorney Jim Reams and Portsmouth Police Chief Stephen DuBois held a press conference Tuesday to announce the charges.
The one felony complaint alleges that the bar's owners, New Adventure Entertainment LLC, doing business as The Page Bar and Restaurant, negligently allowed beverages to be consumed in an area not approved by the Liquor Commission, namely the dance floor of the Stadium Lounge.
The charge against the bar carries a $100,000 fine but no jail time, as it is against a corporation, not an individual.
Reams said had the bar been following the rules of their liquor license, the assault that resulted in the death of Joshua Krantz, 24, may never have happened.
Police allege that Zachary O'Neill, 24, attacked Krantz from behind on the dance floor around 12:30 a.m. on April 6 and struck him repeatedly in the head. O'Neil alleged that Krantz spilled a drink on him earlier in the night while on the dance floor.
Later that morning, Krantz was found dead in his Dover apartment by his roommates.
O'Neill is facing a felony degree assault charge at this time, because the state medical examiner has not yet ruled Krantz's manner of death as a homicide.
The investigation to date has revealed that Krantz's death was caused by a fractured skull that resulted in bleeding of the brain.
On Tuesday, DuBois said the medical examiner's final report is still pending.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483