Home » News » Public Safety
Several brush fires around Lebanon termed suspicious
LEBANON - The Lebanon Fire Department said Tuesday that brush fires in the city over the past two days are being investigated as suspicious.
Firefighters first responded to a brush fire Monday shortly before 6 p.m. at the end of Waterman Avenue in West Lebanon, involving one acre of woodlands.Then on Tuesday firefighters went to the rail trail behind Renihan Meadows off Mascoma Street for a report of three separate brush fires at 12:40 p.m. One fire was found behind some Dumpsters, and two additional fires were found a quarter-mile west of the rail trail.
Then at 2:05 p.m. the Lebanon Airport tower reported a large column of smoke in the area of Young and Wheatley streets in Lebanon. A 60- by 60-foot area of woodlands was found burning in the Starrs Hill Preserve at the top of Eldridge Street, which firefighters had under control in an hour.
The fires have been labeled as suspicious, and Lebanon police and the fire department's Fire Prevention Division are investigating.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at 448-1212.
Due to dry conditions, the fire department has suspended all open burning until further notice.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072