Home » News » Public Safety
Several brush fires around Lebanon termed suspicious
LEBANON - The Lebanon Fire Department said Tuesday that brush fires in the city over the past two days are being investigated as suspicious.
Firefighters first responded to a brush fire Monday shortly before 6 p.m. at the end of Waterman Avenue in West Lebanon, involving one acre of woodlands.Then on Tuesday firefighters went to the rail trail behind Renihan Meadows off Mascoma Street for a report of three separate brush fires at 12:40 p.m. One fire was found behind some Dumpsters, and two additional fires were found a quarter-mile west of the rail trail.
Then at 2:05 p.m. the Lebanon Airport tower reported a large column of smoke in the area of Young and Wheatley streets in Lebanon. A 60- by 60-foot area of woodlands was found burning in the Starrs Hill Preserve at the top of Eldridge Street, which firefighters had under control in an hour.
The fires have been labeled as suspicious, and Lebanon police and the fire department's Fire Prevention Division are investigating.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at 448-1212.
Due to dry conditions, the fire department has suspended all open burning until further notice.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Parking lot for new Hudson football field due to be paved - 0
- ACLU files federal suit to stop NH's 'ballot selfie' publishing law - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 2
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 2
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters