Home » Sports » College Sports
College softball tourneys start today
The Hawks will host Stonehill at 3 p.m. and Southern Connecticut will entertain Le Moyne.
Beginning Thursday, the single-elimination tournament will be hosted by top-seeded Southern New Hampshire University. On Thursday at 4 p.m., UMass Lowell will play the winner of the Le Moyne-Southern Connecticut game, while the 7 p.m. nightcap will feature New Haven against the winner of the St. Anselm-Stonehill contest.
On Friday at 4 p.m., Adelphi will meet either UMass Lowell, Le Moyne or Southern Connecticut. Southern New Hampshire takes the field at 7 p.m. to challenge either New Haven, St. Anselm or Stonehill.
The two winners on Friday will clash for the championship at 1 p.m. on Saturday.
Little East Conference
Eastern Connecticut State University will host the Little East Conference softball championships on Thursday in Mansfield, Conn.
The six-team double elimination tourney finds sixth-ranked UMass-Boston playing top-ranked Eastern Connecticut at noon. The 2 p.m. game features second-ranked Plymouth State against fifth-ranked Rhode Island College and the 4 p.m. contest has fourth-seeded Keene State battling third-ranked Western Connecticut State University.
The 6 p.m. contest fields the losers of games one and two.
On Friday, four more games are on tap beginning at noon, including the winners' bracket final at 2 p.m.
The championship game is slated for 2 p.m. Saturday and if a second title game is needed, it will follow at 4 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Angry birds clash - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Wildcats defeat Maine to advance - 1
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- SNHU wins national title - 1
- UNH fires coach McCloskey over 'incident of inappropriate physical contact with a player' - 0
- UNH No. 18 in USCHO.com poll - 0
- Since Day 1, a focus on excellence for Penmen - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal