Home » News » Public Safety
Rochester man still in critical condition after Tuesday crash
Michael Starkey, 50, suffered serious injuries in the accident that occurred when the 2000 Ford Ranger pickup truck he was driving southbound on Route 125 crossed into the northbound travel lane, police said.
Starkey's truck hit a 1986 Freightliner tractor-trailer unit driven by William Valpone, 45, of Newbury, Mass.
Starkey was flown to Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston and was listed in critical condition Wednesday night. Valpone suffered minor injuries and was treated at the scene.
State Police continue to investigate the cause of the accident.
- Jason Schreiber Union Leader Correspondent
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072