Auto dealership employees give stray parakeet new lease on life
Employees at AutoServ of Tilton have been caring for a parakeet that they found at the dealership last week. (Courtesy)
Dealership employee Kamal Gosine said the parakeet stayed in a makeshift cage for a couple days while he was fed and nursed back to health.
Another employee has since taken the parakeet home, where his family is caring for it unless someone steps in and claims it.
Gosine said the parakeet was injured and squawking when first found. He brought the bird inside, fed it some bread and water and by the next morning the bird was better and chirping.
Had it not been rescued and brought indoors, Gosine said the bird likely would have perished outside.
"We have some nice hawks around," he said.
The parakeet is listed in the Lost and Found category on Craigslist, photo included. Gosine said workers have tried to find the owner, through Facebook and via the Craigslist ad. But so far, as of Thursday, no one has claimed the lost pet.
AutoServ of Tilton is located on 40 East Main Street in Tilton, across from WalMart.
For more information, contact the dealership at 888-711-1427 or 603-286-3141.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Slandering police: Racism in reverse - 27
- A mom's bail: Getting it right - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 12
- Proof of Santa here: Hooksett's Dick Marshall, for one - 0
- Christmas spirit: Do you have more than a homeless man? - 1
- The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama - 47
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 38
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- After Newtown: A gun rights revival - 39
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Schaller sent back to minors