Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Attempted robbery case ends with prison time
Zachary Jabour, 23, has struck a plea deal on attempted robbery charges for allegedly attempting to take the man's 2006 Honda Accord on June 16 then later threatening him with a pair of wire cutters during a second encounter on the same day.
He is expected to be sentenced to two to six years in state prison if a judge accepts the terms of the plea agreement on May 20.
His girlfriend, Kristin Gile, 22, of Derry was sentenced on Wednesday to two to six years in state prison for being Jabour's accomplice.
Her lawyers argued for a 12-month jail term. Derry police began investigating the robbery on June 16 after meeting with the victim, David Goldberg.
He told police that he went to a Sawyer Court residence to meet up with Gile.
"When he parked his car at Sawyer Court, a male wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and a red bandana over his face knocked on his window," Derry police Detective Scott Tompkins said in a sworn affidavit. "The male told him to get out of his car and that he was going to take his car."
Goldberg drove off in his 2006 Honda Accord, according to police.
Gile then called Goldberg and told him "she still wanted to go out but wanted him to go to her house to pick her up," according to a police affidavit.
Goldberg returned to the residence and was confronted by Jabour again once he entered a doorway. Jabour was allegedly armed with wire cutters. Goldberg struggled with Jabour and got the wire cutters away from him, prompting Jabour to flee, police said.
Jabour is facing two counts of attempted robbery, conspiracy to commit robbery, attempted theft by unauthorized taking and conspiracy to commit theft by unauthorized taking.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
- Total Votes: 917