Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: NEC downs Husson
New England College 14, Husson 5: At Henniker, the Plilgrims improved to 10-6 overall and advanced to the North Atlantic Conference Championship for the second straight season. NEC plays top-seeded Castleton State College in Saturday's NAC Championship in Castleton, Vt.
NEC's Brian Gillis led all scorers with four goals and one assist, James Putney had three goals and Adam Shute scored twice and had an assist.
Middlebury 12, Plymouth State 9: At Middlebury, Vt., Freshman Dave Hall had two hits and three runs batted in and sophomore Brian Thompson and junior Jeff Runnals (Wolfeboro) each had a pair of hits for PSU. Middlebury scored four runs in the third to take control of the game.
Junior Zach Cogswell of Allenstown threw four and a third innings of effective relief for Plymouth State, allowing just one run on four hits.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Mile marker: Londonderry trail’s first step - 0
- Definitely broken: City's winter parking ban - 2
- What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out' - 26
- Closing classrooms: Relief for Webster, Beech Street schools in Manchester.? - 2
- Unwanted professors: How does one get fired at UNH? - 15
- Bumped for Benghazi: A reporter is held accountable - 3
- Dangerous Iran deal: Weakening sanctions is senseless - 2
- Freedom? Thanks for nothing, Obama - 83
- Christmas spirit: For whom do you shop? - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 4
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans