Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester building fire causes up to $200k in damage
Corbeil said the fire destroyed a host of electrical wiring, mechanical systems and plumbing in the building, which has apartments on the second floor and an office and Chiggy's Place restaurant, which wasn't open when the fire was reported about 4:15 p.m.
The office and apartments were occupied at the time, but everyone got out safely, Corbeil said.
He said firefighters were able to contain the blaze to the basement.
"If you were to drive by the building right now, you wouldn't know there was a fire there," he said.
But because of the damage to the building's utilities, the building, owned by Karen Kean, is uninhabitable, he said.
"The heat did a lot of damage in the cellar," he said.
A cause has not been determined, but the fire is not believed to be suspicious, he said. No firefighters were injured, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads