Firefighters battle fire at 18,000 gallon propane tank in Rindge
RINDGE - Firefighters responded to a report of a fire at an 18,000 gallon propane tank located behind the Market Basket on Route 202 around 4 a.m. Friday.
Using a curtain of water spray, firefighters were able to approach the tank and shut off the valves of the tank. The fire was then extinguished in a vaporizer unit, according to Rindge Fire and Rescue.
Rindge Fire and Rescue were assisted by mutual aid units from Jaffrey, Fitzwilliam, Troy, New Ipswich, and Winchendon, Mass. Jaffrey-Rindge Ambulance also responded.