Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Hampton man charged with selling his prescription drugs
Bruce Rubin, 55, of Hampton was arrested on charges of sale of a controlled drug by members of the Rockingham Sheriff's Drug Task Force. COURTESY
Bruce Rubin, 55, of 36 Ocean Boulevard was arraigned Thursday in Plaistow District Court after he was arrested Wednesday by sheriff's deputies following an investigation.
He is charged with two counts of sale of a controlled drug for allegedly selling pills on March 2 and 29 to the confidential source who was being monitored by investigators.
Rubin was the target of a three month investigation by the sheriff department's Drug Task Force.
He was arrested at 9 Circuit Drive in Kingston on Wednesday with assistance from Kingston and Plaistow police officers and the Drug Enforcement Administration.
According to court documents, the confidential source working with investigators made plans to meet up with Rubin on Dec. 4 at a 7-11 store on Crystal Avenue in Derry.
Kingston police Det. Joel Johnson said in a sworn affidavit that he met with the source after the transaction and was handed, "23 pink pills which were believed to be 10mg oxycodone in a ripped pharmacy bag."
The source told investigators that Rubin had agreed to sell him 25 pills, not 23, according to Johnson. During a recorded phone conversation about the shortage of pills, Rubin wanted to change the price of his pills to $10 each from $8.
"Rubin responded to the (confidential source) with 'Whatever!' implying that he was aware that he shorted the CS the pills," Johnson said in the affidavit.
Rubin added that he could "get 12 to 13 dollars a piece for the pills," the affidavit said.
Another purchase was arranged in front of a CVS store in Plaistow on March 2. Rubin filled his prescription of 140 pills in the store and sold 30 of the pills to the confidential source, according to Johnson.
Rubin had his prescription filled again at the same store on March 29, and again sold 30 pills to the source, Johnson said.
Rubin is due back in circuit court for a probable cause hearing on May 13.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teenager indicted on three felony assault charges - 0
- Nashua pawn shop scheme draws indictments - 0
- Derry serial burglar to admit to more residential break-ins - 0
- Londonderry victim of Maine shooting expected to recover - 0
- Derry man facing sex assaults wants trial, rejects plea deal - 0
- Bail set at $20,000 for escapee captured after DWI wreck of stolen car - 0
- Tensions boil over after NYC police killings - 13
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- CDC director cites progress, challenges in Ebola fight - 0
- NH firm says N. Korea's online presence back, though stability a question - 3
- Exeter High student arraigned in armed robbery case - 0
- Medicare payments will be cut to 3 NH hospitals - 0
- NH doctor returns home after helping workers battle Ebola - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
- Berlin looking to acquire BearCat armored vehicle - 0
- Former Milwaukee officer won't be charged in fatal shooting of black man - 1
- Stocks up for fourth straight day - 0
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483