Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages Hudson business
A call came in to the Hudson Fire Department just before 6 p.m., according to Fire Chief Shawn Murray.
"Something occurred within the machine, though we're still investigating exactly what happened," Murray said at the scene.
The machine malfunction resulted in a two-alarm fire, which fire crews from Hudson, Windham, Pelham, Nashua and Tyngsboro, Mass., kept contained to a single area, though heavy, toxic smoke filled the entire building.
No one was injured in the blaze, Murray said, though the extent of the building's damage is unclear at this time.
A decontamination station was set up behind the building for firefighters exiting the scene, while large, portable fans were brought inside to help clear away the smoke.
Crews from Nashua hazmat were also activated.
Several employees and curious neighbors gathered on the company's lawn to watch as a Nashua Fire Department ladder brought crews to the building's roof.
An employee who didn't give his name said he was working in the general area when sparks began to fly off the machine, which is about the size of a medium-sized car.
The company, located at 46 River Road, provides precision machining services for the medical, electronic and high-tech market.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH hires former Attorney General Delaney to investigate reporting delays on athletic improprieties - 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 1
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 5
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal