Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages Hudson business
A call came in to the Hudson Fire Department just before 6 p.m., according to Fire Chief Shawn Murray.
"Something occurred within the machine, though we're still investigating exactly what happened," Murray said at the scene.
The machine malfunction resulted in a two-alarm fire, which fire crews from Hudson, Windham, Pelham, Nashua and Tyngsboro, Mass., kept contained to a single area, though heavy, toxic smoke filled the entire building.
No one was injured in the blaze, Murray said, though the extent of the building's damage is unclear at this time.
A decontamination station was set up behind the building for firefighters exiting the scene, while large, portable fans were brought inside to help clear away the smoke.
Crews from Nashua hazmat were also activated.
Several employees and curious neighbors gathered on the company's lawn to watch as a Nashua Fire Department ladder brought crews to the building's roof.
An employee who didn't give his name said he was working in the general area when sparks began to fly off the machine, which is about the size of a medium-sized car.
The company, located at 46 River Road, provides precision machining services for the medical, electronic and high-tech market.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack fire quickly doused - 0
- UPDATED: One seriously hurt, 12 homeless after early morning Manchester fire - 0
- Snowmobiler injured while riding on Thornton golf course - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Nashua mayor: Greeley Park is right spot for playground - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents