TV show highlights Manchester murder probe from 1999
Capt. Mark Putney, Lt. James Soucy and retired Sgt. Scott Fuller were interviewed for a segment of "Nightmare Next Door" on Investigation Discovery Channel that detailed their investigation into the grisly 1999 murder of Mary Stetson by Vaclav Plch.
Police found Stetson's torso in the Piscataquog River July 20, 1999. Her head and limbs were missing, but police were able to identify her by a tattoo on the back of her right shoulder, according to the show.
The program dramatized several men as being possible suspects, including a man who stood her up for a date, a stranger at a bar, a shopkeeper, a "missing Czech," and an "angry drifter" named "Slim."
The investigation eventually led to Plch, the man identified as the "missing Czech," who was arrested later in 1999 in Austin, Texas, the show concluded in the hour-long episode.
Plch was convicted of first-degree murder and is serving life in prison without the possibility of parole.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.