NH Marines start own website
The local Marines acquired the domain name www.granitestatemarines.com and developed a website to spotlight membership opportunities, showcase veterans' initiatives and other community activities its Marines support.
According to Junior Vice Commandant Bruce Katz, the need for an online presence is necessary to support the current detachment plans and long-term goals.
"Our Marines participate in a variety of veteran-related activities in the greater Manchester area. Without members and our fundraising efforts, it would be impossible to support the requests for services and support we receive from other organizations," the retired Marine said.
One of the primary missions of the website is to serve as a virtual recruiting office for the Granite State detachment, which boasts a membership of nearly 50 Marines. In the past, the detachment has relied on networking, word of mouth advertising and the national MCL and state websites to reach out and attract qualified individuals for membership.
"In order for the detachment to continue to provide support for Veterans' Day events, Memorial Day events and the other veteran-specific activities, we need to grow our membership in order to have the manpower and flexibility to answer the large number of requests we receive," said Katz, a former Marine recruiter.
Marines, young and old are encouraged to visit the website or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on the detachment and membership criteria.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- DAV plans meeting - 0
- Carrabba's managers get down and dirty for a good cause - 0
- American Legion national commander to visit NH - 0
- Milford's World War II fallen honored Sunday - 0
- Suicide Prevention Week: NH expert focuses on veterans - 0
- Kuster talks health services with vets, advocates - 0
- Oldest active member of NH chapter of MOAA turns 100 - 0
- NH Veterans Briefs: Londonderry Post 27 will host events - 0
- Gov. Perry calls on vets, other Americans to restore country - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 1
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax