NH Marines start own website
The local Marines acquired the domain name www.granitestatemarines.com and developed a website to spotlight membership opportunities, showcase veterans' initiatives and other community activities its Marines support.
According to Junior Vice Commandant Bruce Katz, the need for an online presence is necessary to support the current detachment plans and long-term goals.
"Our Marines participate in a variety of veteran-related activities in the greater Manchester area. Without members and our fundraising efforts, it would be impossible to support the requests for services and support we receive from other organizations," the retired Marine said.
One of the primary missions of the website is to serve as a virtual recruiting office for the Granite State detachment, which boasts a membership of nearly 50 Marines. In the past, the detachment has relied on networking, word of mouth advertising and the national MCL and state websites to reach out and attract qualified individuals for membership.
"In order for the detachment to continue to provide support for Veterans' Day events, Memorial Day events and the other veteran-specific activities, we need to grow our membership in order to have the manpower and flexibility to answer the large number of requests we receive," said Katz, a former Marine recruiter.
Marines, young and old are encouraged to visit the website or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on the detachment and membership criteria.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mt. Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce soars - 0
- $17.6b request seeks to cover more efficient veteran care - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH veterans program targeted by 'baffling bureaucratic decision' - 0
- Nashua court gives veterans a fighting chance - 0
- Derry Army veteran is a hit at Fenway Park - 0
- World War II veteran Stephan Lewy to receive French Legion of Honor - 0
- War hero Zamperini, inspiration for book and film 'Unbroken,' dead at 97 - 0
- Community groups prepare for fallen Marine’s services - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law