Home » Opinion » Editorials
Lies exposed: The false Benghazi narrative
Read into the record at Wednesday's hearing was a State Department email in which Acting Assistant Secretary for Near Eastern Affairs Beth Jones told Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's office on Sept. 12 that "the group that conducted the attacks, Ansar al Sharia, is affiliated with Islamic terrorists." Yet four days later, Rice told the American people the complete opposite. Clinton herself told the father of one of the slain Americans that the film was to blame.
Hicks said that when he questioned why the story about the movie was being peddled, Clinton's Chief of Staff Cheryl Mills made it clear to him that he should drop that line of questioning.
This is strong evidence that the Obama administration deliberately misled the American people about a terrorist attack on American soil weeks before a presidential election. Maybe now the questionable Benghazi narrative peddled by the Obama administration will get the scrutiny it has deserved from the start.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Deroy Murdock: Hillary's Benghazi-Whitewater connection? - 2
- George Will: Obama needs Congress to approve this war - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama is rushing into war against Islamic State - 1
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 7
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 5
- Pat Buchanan: In Scotland, it's economic man vs. tribal man - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 66
- Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax - 2
- David Harsanyi: The senators who really threaten America - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 11
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'