Home » Opinion » Editorials
Lies exposed: The false Benghazi narrative
Read into the record at Wednesday's hearing was a State Department email in which Acting Assistant Secretary for Near Eastern Affairs Beth Jones told Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's office on Sept. 12 that "the group that conducted the attacks, Ansar al Sharia, is affiliated with Islamic terrorists." Yet four days later, Rice told the American people the complete opposite. Clinton herself told the father of one of the slain Americans that the film was to blame.
Hicks said that when he questioned why the story about the movie was being peddled, Clinton's Chief of Staff Cheryl Mills made it clear to him that he should drop that line of questioning.
This is strong evidence that the Obama administration deliberately misled the American people about a terrorist attack on American soil weeks before a presidential election. Maybe now the questionable Benghazi narrative peddled by the Obama administration will get the scrutiny it has deserved from the start.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- George Will: Scotland's epic vote - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama's uncertain trumpet, again - 0
- Maureen McDonald: Ray Rice and the everyday problem of domestic violence - 1
- Another View -- Jason Bedrick: An important court victory for parents and taxpayers - 3
- Thomas Sowell: Mob rule economics is bad for everyone - 8
- George Will: Eviscerating the 1st Amendment is extremism - 5
- Jonah Goldberg: Upholding America's honor in a dangerous world - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We are in for a nasty, dishonest election season - 25
- Charles Arlinghaus: Don't apologize for not voting - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two weekend robberies reported in Manchester, one committed by man in sling, 'Rocky Squirrel' hat - 0
- Man stabbed in leg in Manchester incident - 0
- Senate sustains Hassan veto of bill to revamp juvenile justice system - 0
- Possible negotiated plea for Nashua dad accused of negligent homicide in son's death - 0
- Amherst man facing charges in August Merrimack accident - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Brown v. Shaheen: A tale of new polls - 4
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid is identified - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
In 2nd District race, Garcia bucks Obamacare
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Find the hidden cash stashed downtown
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats