Home » Opinion » Editorials
Lies exposed: The false Benghazi narrative
Read into the record at Wednesday's hearing was a State Department email in which Acting Assistant Secretary for Near Eastern Affairs Beth Jones told Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's office on Sept. 12 that "the group that conducted the attacks, Ansar al Sharia, is affiliated with Islamic terrorists." Yet four days later, Rice told the American people the complete opposite. Clinton herself told the father of one of the slain Americans that the film was to blame.
Hicks said that when he questioned why the story about the movie was being peddled, Clinton's Chief of Staff Cheryl Mills made it clear to him that he should drop that line of questioning.
This is strong evidence that the Obama administration deliberately misled the American people about a terrorist attack on American soil weeks before a presidential election. Maybe now the questionable Benghazi narrative peddled by the Obama administration will get the scrutiny it has deserved from the start.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of procedural vote on budget compromise - 2
- Snow slows NH rush hour; cancels many evening events - 1
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH ranks first in controlling infectious disease, according to report - 1
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Knife-wielding robbers target two stores in Manchester - 2
Plaistow lawyer indicted in fatal boat crash
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos