This Week's Rare Bird Alert
An adult Mississippi kite was seen flying overhead in the vicinity of the traffic circle on Route 33 in Stratham on May 3.
Four sandhill cranes were seen flying overhead in North Sandwich on May 7.
A red-headed woodpecker has been coming to a birdfeeder on Grafton Road in Alexandria since Dec. 13, and was last reported on May 6.
A common gallinule was seen at Turtle Pond in Concord on May 2.
A lingering common redpoll was reported from Mont Vernon on May 1, and one was reported from Sandwich on May 3.
An evening grosbeak was reported from Pittsfield on May 2.
A pair of black-backed woodpeckers was seen along the forest road at the Trudeau Road wetlands in Bethlehem on May 4 and 5.
Merlin pairs have been reported from Ashland, Newfound Lake and Hanover, and a peregrine falcon was reported from Hinsdale, all during the past week.
New reports of returning migrant songbirds reported during the past week included: bobolink, least flycatcher, great-crested flycatcher, scarlet tanager, veery, American redstart, ?Blackburnian warbler, chimney swift and marsh wren.
This message is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: email@example.com. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New NHIA president painting a picture of expansion - 0
- Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president - 0
- Students prepare to set sail at Tri-City Christian Academy - 0
- Local teacher makes trip to arctic - 0
- Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated - 7
- Scholar of the Month: Plymouth junior operates on 'full-sprint theory' - 0
- Software upgrade delays grades - 0
- Derry School Board to hold forum on Facility Needs Study - 0
- Londonderry High forms team to get help for teens struggling with depression - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll