Home » News » Public Safety
Middleton teen struck by car in Rochester Friday
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 8:50 p.m. after a northbound 2003 Ford Taurus, driven by Dana M. Crickard, 24, of Strafford, struck Michael Fetter, 19, of Middleton, who was riding a skateboard with another skateboarder along Twombly Street.
While the other skateboarder was not injured, paramedics transported Fetter to Frisbie Memorial Hospital for non-life threatening injuries. Crickard did not sustain any injuries, according to police.
Following a preliminary investigation, police determined neither skateboarder wore reflective clothing at the time of the accident, which occurred on a section of Twombly Street that does not have street lights.
Police continue to investigate the accident, but encourage all pedestrians, cyclists and skateboarders to wear reflective clothing while out at night and to avoid using headphones or mobile devices.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 1
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS device locates stolen truck in Merrimack - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist