Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Play at the plate ends Fishers' rally in Trenton
Trenton got six quality innings from starter Mikey O'Brien. The righty allowed only four hits and struck out five, earning the win in his first start of the season.
Trenton got a run in the third on Jose Pirela's sacrifice fly, a run in the seventh on Tyler Austin's two-out RBI single, and a run in the eighth on Nick McCoy's double that scored Reegie Corona to take a 3-0 lead.
The Fisher Cats made it a ballgame with two runs in the ninth off two Trenton relievers. With one out, Clint Robinson reached on an error and Ryan Schimpf walked. Nashua's Kevin Nolan struck out for the second out. Then Loewen singled to left, scoring Robinson and pushing Schmipf to second. Sean Ochinko then walked to load the bases.
Trenton then replaced pitcher Branden Pinder with Aaron Dott. Dott walked Tolisano to make the score 3-2. With Kevin Pillar at the plate, Dott threw a pitch in the dirt and in ran all the way to the backstop. Loewen tried to score from third, but catcher Nick McCoy got the ball to Dott, who tagged Loewen for the final out.
Loewen and Schimpf each had two hits for New Hampshire. Ryan Tepera took the loss, pitching five innings, allowing one run on three hits, walking three and striking out five.
The series continues Saturday night at 7:05 in Trenton. Righty Chad Jenkins (0-0, 3.60) starts for the Fisher Cats against Trenton lefty Matt Tracy (3-2, 8.31)
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Chara's 'Gordie' lifts Bruins over Rangers - 0
- Bruin’s effort a turkey in 6-1 loss to Detroit - 0
- Krug lifts Bruins over Penguins in OT - 0
- B's top Hurricanes in overtime - 0
- Blues tip Bruins in shootout - 0
- Soderberg, Smith lead Bruins to victory - 0
- Strong third period helps Senators end Bruins hex - 0
- Former Monarchs lift Kings over Islanders - 0
- Lucic goal lifts Bruins to overtime victory - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 2
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Key NH Dems attend Lantos Foundation event honoring Clinton, White House partiesREADER COMMENTS: 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed