Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: YWCA gives us hope in the toughest situations
Looking back at last week's horrific discovery of the three kidnapped women in Ohio, I realized how correct she was.
As difficult as it is being a parent, I wouldn't take a million dollars to be a teenager again. Being a teenager is hard; being a responsible teenager in our world of excess and social media is even harder, and overcoming personal obstacles to stand out among one's peers is nearly impossible.
McMillan, a West High student, was chosen as the Queen City's representative after an extensive essay competition and interview process. He and the eight other finalists will compete to become the Granite State's Boys & Girls Club Youth of Year during a day-long event this Thursday.
You should always wear your seat belt, but especially today. To promote Buckle Up NH Week, NH Motor Speedway, the Manchester Police Department and 96.5 The MILL will be giving out pairs of NASCAR tickets to random drivers who are wearing their seat belts. If you are driving near the intersection of Elm Street and Lake Avenue between noon and 2 p.m. today, be sure to buckle up and slow down. You're hoping to get NASCAR tickets, not the speeding kind.
You can paint a beautiful picture of Boston's Zakim Bridge and the city's skyline during a fundraiser for the Boston Marathon bombing victims Tuesday night. The 6 p.m. fundraiser by The Canvas Roadshow, which will help you paint your masterpiece, will be held at Shorty's Mexican Roadhouse in Bedford.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Drew Cline: Rand Paul's coalition vs. Ted Cruz's army - 5
- Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed - 4
- George Will: Understanding our divisions - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Attorney General Eric Holder's race card - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 14
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 5
- Thomas Sowell: Fraudulent stats behind 'equal pay' claims - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: The left's arrogant groupthink - 0
- Rep. Adam Schroadter: Penalties for marijuana use in NH should fit the crime - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire