North Country bird walk will celebrate International Migratory Bird Day Saturday
People of all ages are welcome, according to state wildlife officials.
“Last year we heard Parula warblers, chestnut-sided warblers, hermit thrush, Louisiana water thrush, rose-breasted grosbeaks, and chipping sparrows,” Rowse said.
The theme details all aspects of a migratory bird’s life, from nesting and migration to breeding and raising young. Most importantly, it addresses the need for conservation throughout the life cycle.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- James Foley's parents accept award after documentary screening in Portsmouth - 0
- Mount Jasper work celebrated with trailhead ceremony - 0
- Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future - 3
- Inaugural 'Mushtoberfest' a howling success at Jericho Mountain State Park - 0
- NH Senior News: Maple Suites in Dover hosting free seminar to look at cost of dementia care - 0
- Not-so-scary fun at Hudson's Kiwanis PumpkinFest - 0
- Woman donates cleaning services to cancer patients - 0
- Keene 'Dump Derby' participants pick up 20,000 pumpkins - 0
- Taking pride in their recovery - 0
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy
A series of sharp exchanges at 2nd CD debate
Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation