North Country bird walk will celebrate International Migratory Bird Day Saturday
People of all ages are welcome, according to state wildlife officials.
“Last year we heard Parula warblers, chestnut-sided warblers, hermit thrush, Louisiana water thrush, rose-breasted grosbeaks, and chipping sparrows,” Rowse said.
The theme details all aspects of a migratory bird’s life, from nesting and migration to breeding and raising young. Most importantly, it addresses the need for conservation throughout the life cycle.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- The music spoke, she listened - 0
- Andy's Summer Playhouse: Curtain comes down on 44th season - 0
- Barnstormers benefit auction set for Sunday - 0
- Mostly Bach Festival in North Conway this weekend - 0
- All aboard for a ride and nature tour - 0
- Kingston Trio returns to the Flying Monkey - 0
- Violinist, pianist in New Castle Sunday - 0
- Catch Roland Goodbody in 'A Pair Of His Own Shorts' - 0
- Fire on the Mountain Chili Fest in Henniker on Sunday - 0
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
All aboard for a ride and nature tour
The music spoke, she listened
Poll: Brown makes gains on Sen. Shaheen
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt