North Country bird walk will celebrate International Migratory Bird Day Saturday
People of all ages are welcome, according to state wildlife officials.
“Last year we heard Parula warblers, chestnut-sided warblers, hermit thrush, Louisiana water thrush, rose-breasted grosbeaks, and chipping sparrows,” Rowse said.
The theme details all aspects of a migratory bird’s life, from nesting and migration to breeding and raising young. Most importantly, it addresses the need for conservation throughout the life cycle.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tall ships offering history at sea in Sail Portsmouth - 0
- Seminar series offers guidance for new business owners - 0
- Salem Farmers Market organizers planning for big turnout - 0
- Paralympians to make unassisted wheelchair ascent Sunday of Mount Washington Auto Road - 0
- Officials say Derry road project won't affect Frost Farm - 0
- Rare dog returns home after missing for more than a week - 0
- Milford Rotary spearheads water, sanitation project to help Honduran families - 0
- Vintage Racing event in Loudon - 0
- League of NH Craftsmen's Fair to feature more than 200 craft booths - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain
Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette, William Christie, Alan Cronheim and Benjamin Siracusa Hillman: Why voting in NH is not reserved for state residents
Market Basket customers mobilize
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Police held Abby suspect's guns
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it