North Country bird walk will celebrate International Migratory Bird Day Saturday
People of all ages are welcome, according to state wildlife officials.
“Last year we heard Parula warblers, chestnut-sided warblers, hermit thrush, Louisiana water thrush, rose-breasted grosbeaks, and chipping sparrows,” Rowse said.
The theme details all aspects of a migratory bird’s life, from nesting and migration to breeding and raising young. Most importantly, it addresses the need for conservation throughout the life cycle.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former software engineer spices up her life - 0
- A good everyday drinking wine revisited - 0
- Pelham firefighters wearing pink for breast cancer awareness - 0
- Windham eyes development district with a small-town feel - 0
- Engineers win no-bid contract to continue contamination watch in Salem - 0
- Bedford planners give final OK to elderly housing development - 0
- Leading Manchester mental health advocate set to retire - 0
- Artistic life and legacy of Gerry Williams celebrated in Dunbarton - 0
- Smells like Halloween can't be far away - 0
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Enter to win tickets to see Ani DiFranco
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left