Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Wife says Manchester police officer husband body slammed her
Assistant County Attorney Patricia Conway said during opening statements that an argument at the couple’s Raymond home quickly grew physical when Linstad put his wife in a bear hug from behind and slammed her to the ground.
The alleged attack happened in front of the couple’s 5-year-old son. Linstad then warned his wife not to call the police, according to prosecutors.
Melinda Linstad testified that days before the assault, her husband sent her a text message at work to say that he wasn’t happy. That prompted her to go home, where her husband told her that he didn’t love her anymore, according to her testimony.
“He called them turds — girls from the club who would send naked pictures of themselves and he would send pictures back,” she told jurors.
Melinda Linstad testified that despite the problems, she wanted to save her marriage and sought counseling.
Melinda Linstad testified she retired seven months earlier as a cheerleader for the New England Patriots, and eventually took a part-time accounts payable job to support the family.
Wilson questioned Melinda Linstad’s claims about whether she was truly afraid of her husband. He told jurors that right after the alleged assault she called her mother, but then asked her husband to join her downstairs to review some bills together on the computer.
“(She said) ‘You ruined my life and I am going to ruin yours.’ And here we are,” Wilson told the jury.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424