New Hampshire Senior Club Notes
MANCHESTER — Stewart L. Aronson of Exeter will be installed as the 114th grand master of Masons in New Hampshire on Saturday at the Masonic Lodge after the 223rd annual meeting of the Grand Lodge of Free & Accepted Masons.
Masonry is celebrating its 277th anniversary in the state, having lodges in the Seacoast area in 1736. The Grand Lodge, however, was started in 1789, and prior to this, the earlier lodges came under the jurisdiction of Massachusetts.
EXETER — The Exeter Woman's Club, which is planning its fundraising activities for the year, is seeking donations for its annual indoor yard sale fundraiser, which benefits the club's scholarship to a Seacoast School of Technology graduate.
Antique appraisals by antiques expert Dan Olmstead are planned from 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 6, at town hall.
The New Hampshire State Organization of Daughters of the American Revolution, National Defense Committee recently presented ROTC Medal awards to graduating students at the University of New Hampshire.
The award is for students who have demonstrated academic excellence, dependability, good character, adherence to military discipline, leadership and fundamental patriotic understanding of the importance of the Reserve Officers Training Corps.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.