Home » NewHampshire.com » A&E
Work begins on dam repairs
The state’s Department of Environmental Services has signed off on the work, and the town is filing a reconstruction permit accompanied by a $3,000 fee, according to Public Works Director Mike Fowler.
“We have been in contact with a professional engineer with expertise in dam repair, and they have completed a preliminary design,” said Fowler.
“We will be proceeding as quickly as possible and hope we can stitch this up in the next week or so,” said Fowler.
“We’ll also be building a 12-inch wall on the front face of the dam to tie into that,” said Fowler. “We’ll be reinforcing the steel, and the ultimate fix for the hole under the dam will be a chemical grouting process to fill the voids by a concrete-type of material.”
Fowler said he expects the majority of the work to be completed by the end of next week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senior News: 'Medical Care: Keeping It All Straight' focus of workshop - 0
- Manchester celebrates St. Patrick with shamrocks and sunny skies - 0
- Guide Lines: Options for open-water fishing - 0
- Report: NH plant species at risk - 0
- The sweetest of weekends in NH - 0
- He's come a long way from a harsh Georgia upbringing - 0
- Thanks to members' seed money, CSA farms ready for a new season - 0
- Forest Journal: Thinking and waiting for the sap run - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Trees and people share remarkable resemblance - 0
Guide Lines: Options for open-water fishing
Report: NH plant species at risk
The sweetest of weekends in NH
Cruz: I can rally the right
Three people confirmed dead in Bedford
George Will: Remembrances of Clintons past
Conference courts young conservatives