Work begins on dam repairs
The state’s Department of Environmental Services has signed off on the work, and the town is filing a reconstruction permit accompanied by a $3,000 fee, according to Public Works Director Mike Fowler.
“We have been in contact with a professional engineer with expertise in dam repair, and they have completed a preliminary design,” said Fowler.
“We will be proceeding as quickly as possible and hope we can stitch this up in the next week or so,” said Fowler.
“We’ll also be building a 12-inch wall on the front face of the dam to tie into that,” said Fowler. “We’ll be reinforcing the steel, and the ultimate fix for the hole under the dam will be a chemical grouting process to fill the voids by a concrete-type of material.”
Fowler said he expects the majority of the work to be completed by the end of next week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley - 0
- Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless - 0
- Win tickets to see ZZ Top - 0
- A taste of Rome comes to Elm Street - 0
- Berlin's Jericho ATV Festival extended to 3 days - 0
- When company comes, opt for variety - 0
- Salem selectmen honor retiring Special Olympics coach - 0
- Crystal Lake to be closed due to elevated E. coli bacteria - 0
- Letter of credit secured for Salem bike, pedestrian path - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
When company comes, opt for variety
Win tickets to see Kenny Wayne Shepherd
A taste of Rome comes to Elm Street
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Market Basket community waits and watches