Home » Opinion » Editorials
Work begins on dam repairs
The state’s Department of Environmental Services has signed off on the work, and the town is filing a reconstruction permit accompanied by a $3,000 fee, according to Public Works Director Mike Fowler.
“We have been in contact with a professional engineer with expertise in dam repair, and they have completed a preliminary design,” said Fowler.
“We will be proceeding as quickly as possible and hope we can stitch this up in the next week or so,” said Fowler.
“We’ll also be building a 12-inch wall on the front face of the dam to tie into that,” said Fowler. “We’ll be reinforcing the steel, and the ultimate fix for the hole under the dam will be a chemical grouting process to fill the voids by a concrete-type of material.”
Fowler said he expects the majority of the work to be completed by the end of next week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Awaiting a boy's best friend in Windham - 0
- Salem schools consider kindergarten options - 0
- Retired nurse celebrates 106 years - 0
- NH Senior News: Children to bring Christmas caroling to Littleton area center - 0
- New Wolfeboro bakery seeks funds through crowsourcing, would provide jobs for those with developmental disabilities - 0
- SnowCoach makes winter majesty accessible - 0
- 2 from NH complete Air Force training - 0
- In the longest nights of the year, our birds are living on the edge - 0
- Inmates give back, making Christmas gifts - 0
Human intervention hobbling ice fishermen
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
Enter to win tickets to see Pirate School
Enter to win tickets to see Arc Isis
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'