Home » Sports » Motor Sports
Weber Forest in Derry shows signs of damage from ATV riders
“Unfortunately, we have some ATVs twirling around and making a big pit,” said Ives. “They get off the trails, and every time they get off the trails, they make ruts.”
“The last time we sent a letter to the ATV users was in 2011 when we got hold of the list of registered vehicles in town,” said Ives. “It was a nice, good letter, and I’m thinking we need to do something again.”
Conservation Commission member Dennis Wiley said the commission would have to be careful about blocking trails along the forest.
Another option could be using more gates and giving some snowmobile users keys to the gates.
He said the local snowmobile club has keys to the gates, and in fact installed many of them.
“Our land is posted to say no ATVs, and the land is abused,” said Ives.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ballet superstar Misty Copeland joins local dancers in Nutcracker - 0
- AC/DC Tribute Band to rock Rochester Opera House - 0
- Memorial recalls church fire, while calling to mind those lost to AIDS - 0
- Reunion of sisters mirrors impact of WWII - 0
- Grammy-winning conductor at helm of 'Nutcracker' orchestra - 0
- Strawbery Banke glides into the season on Seacoast - 0
- UNH ensembles to perform in Dec. 2 show - 0
- Nashua strolls into winter Saturday - 0
- It's musical war when the Dueling Pianos come to Concord - 0
Win tickets to see the Amazing Nano Brothers
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection