Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case
John Bouraphael, 33, of Danville has decided to waive a jury trial in his identity fraud case pending in Rockingham County Superior Court. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE PHOTO)
Judge Kenneth McHugh approved a request to give Bouraphael another chance to argue that his charges should be dismissed.
Bouraphael’s girlfriend, Shayna Provencal, of Andover, Mass., is also facing charges for allegedly facilitating the three-way phone call from the Brentwood jail where Bouraphael was being held.
The other inmate used to team up with Bouraphael to strong-arm other inmates out of their canteen goods while they were both held at the Brentwood jail, according to prosecutors.
Provencal’s lawyer Patrick Fleming is also arguing that charges in his client’s case should be dismissed prior to trial.
McHugh has given Bouraphael’s lawyer, Steven White, approximately 10 days to file his new argument that his client committed no crime.
Bouraphael and Provencal are facing Class A felonies, punishable by up to 7 ½ to 15 years in state prison.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 10
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
- Total Votes: 917