Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
New London voters approve $7.2m operating budget
Failing passage was Article 3, which asked voters to put $25,000 in a previously established Conservation Land Acquisition Capital Reserve Fund.
The general operating budget, including transfers to capital reserves, has increased by a total of $182,065 or 3 percent from fiscal year 2013, town officials said.
Voters approved Article 4, which appropriated $10,000 to be turned over to the Kearsarge Regional School District in return for an option to enter into a mutually agreeable long-term lease for the town’s school building.
Also approved were Article 12, which raised $165,500 — $30,500 for fire apparatus repair, $30,000 replace a town police cruiser, $85,000 to replace a transfer station tractor and $20,000 to replace sewer waste water equipment.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 5
- Pat Buchanan: In Scotland, it's economic man vs. tribal man - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 64
- Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax - 2
- David Harsanyi: The senators who really threaten America - 1
- Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Is the Islamic State really un-Islamic? - 5
- George Will: Scotland's epic vote - 1
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 4
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 8
- Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH - 4
- Surprise, surprise: Obamacare funds abortions - 45
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too