Home » News » Public Safety
Fire in Claremont Middle School of 'suspicious' origin
“The fire is suspicious in nature and continues to be investigated,” Bergeron said.
The fire occurred in the boys bathroom, off the boys locker room. It caused minimal damage and was controlled by the sprinkler system, Bergeron said.
The state Fire Marshal’s Office has been notified, but the fire is being investigated by local police and firefighters, he said.
Students were evacuated and spent time outside and in the cafeteria until they were released early at 1 p.m.
Students were able to come inside to eat lunch, he said.
April Woodman, assistant to the superintendent of SAU 6, said no one was injured.
Students do not have to make up the lost hour of school time because it was an emergency, she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Child Advocacy Centers offer safe place for abused to begin healing - 0
- Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire - 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem man faces DWI charge after Manchester crash - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'