Outstanding NH employers recognized by Department of Defense
This year’s award recipients of the Patriot Award included Westbridge Community Services, Inc. of Manchester; the Hillsboro-Deering School District; and Measured Progress of Dover.
The Seven Seals Award is the third highest award presented by ESGR and this year’s recipient was Rock Creek Ministries of Amesbury, Mass., which has churches in Plaistow and Sandown.
This award is given annually by each of the 54 states and territories by the state ESGR chairman and is presented to those employers who demonstrate exceptional support for the national defense by adopting policies that make it easier for employees to serve in the National Guard and Reserves.
The last award of the day was given the family of Command Chief Master Sergeant David L. Eaton of Hopkinton.
Command CMsgt Eaton died Oct. 5, 2012, after more than 40 years of dedicated military service to his state and nation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
- Riding lessons: DRED improves horse rules - 5
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 15
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 8
- Carol's Obamacare: What Shea-Porter supported - 41
- A chief walks: No charges in New London - 4
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of procedural vote on budget compromise - 3
- Snow slows NH rush hour; cancels many evening events - 1
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH ranks first in controlling infectious disease, according to report - 1
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Knife-wielding robbers target two stores in Manchester - 2
Plaistow lawyer indicted in fatal boat crash
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos