Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Drew, Red Sox pound Rays
Price walked off the mound flexing his left hand after surrendering a run-scoring single to David Ortiz on a 95-mph fastball. Manager Joe Maddon and a trainer rushed to ascertain the problem and the left-hander appeared to make no plea to remain in the game.
The Rays have lost in seven of his nine starts this season. Price has surrendered eight leads over his last six starts and been dogged by questions of about his velocity. His fastball has been tracked at an average of 2.2 mph slower this season than last, when he went 20-5 with a 2.56 ERA in 31 starts.
Will Middlebrooks hit his seventh homer of the year in the eighth off Kyle Farnsworth for a 9-2 Boston lead.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 0
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 0
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released