Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Bruins vs. Rangers: Here we go again
Over the last decade Boston fans have already witnessed the Giants beating the Patriots twice in Super Bowls, a dramatic seven-game American League championship series win by the Red Sox over the Yankees in 2004 and, just two weeks ago in the NBA playoffs, the Knicks eliminate a proud, but injured-depleted Celtics’ squad in six games.
The Bruins are coming off their historic 5-4 Game 7 overtime win against Toronto Monday while in another Game 7, the Rangers dispatched the Washington Capitals 5-0 behind Henrik Lundqvist’s 35-save performance. Lundqvist posted back-to-back shutouts in Games 6 and 7 to close out the Caps.
Boston’s line of Krejci, Milan Lucic, who scored Boston’s third goal in the final two minutes of regulation on Monday and, Nathan Horton (four goals, seven points) has been the team’s top combo.
Still the Bruins are averaging a goal better than the Rangers in the playoffs. In their series against Washington, New York scored just one goal in three of the games (winning one of them) and were shutout in another contest.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
- Manchester Monarchs beat Portland Pirates in shootout - 0
- Wildcats shut down Black Bears again - 1
- U.S. preparing for grueling World Cup - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 2
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Key NH Dems attend Lantos Foundation event honoring Clinton, White House partiesREADER COMMENTS: 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed