Home » News » Public Safety
New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash
One person is dead following an early morning crash on Route 13 in Mont Vernon. (Mont Vernon Police)
Vasquez was heading north on Route 13 near the intersection of Secomb Road just after 5 a.m. when his 2001 Honda Civic crossed the road and hit a large rock and a tree, according to Mont Vernon Police Chief Kyle Aspinwall. The vehicle was engulfed in flame when Mont Vernon police and firefighters arrived on the scene.
Route 13 between Secomb Road in Mont Vernon and Lyndeborough Road in Amherst was closed for most of the morning while police investigated the accident. It was reopened around 11 a.m.
Vasquez was pronounced dead at the scene and Aspinwall said it appears he died almost immediately after the impact.
Aspinwall said the accident remains under investigation. It's unclear whether speed played a part in the accident and until toxicology reports come back, which could take weeks, police can't say whether drugs or alcohol were involved.
However, Aspinwall said there are strong indications that driver fatigue may have been a factor in the crash.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem