Home » News » Public Safety
New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash
Vasquez was heading north on Route 13 near the intersection of Secomb Road just after 5 a.m. when his 2001 Honda Civic crossed the road and hit a large rock and a tree, according to Mont Vernon Police Chief Kyle Aspinwall. The vehicle was engulfed in flame when Mont Vernon police and firefighters arrived on the scene.
Route 13 between Secomb Road in Mont Vernon and Lyndeborough Road in Amherst was closed for most of the morning while police investigated the accident. It was reopened around 11 a.m.
Vasquez was pronounced dead at the scene and Aspinwall said it appears he died almost immediately after the impact.
Aspinwall said the accident remains under investigation. It's unclear whether speed played a part in the accident and until toxicology reports come back, which could take weeks, police can't say whether drugs or alcohol were involved.
However, Aspinwall said there are strong indications that driver fatigue may have been a factor in the crash.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 0
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
- No cause yet in Woodshed restaurant fire - 0
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 4
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 8
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072